Spotlight on Quarry Mining
Q&A with Sam Cooper from Quarry Mining
1. Why is this community football club important to you, your family (and Quarry Mining)?
We have several staff members with children in the football club and we like to support our employees and the community.
2. How many children will you have playing this year and are they excited to play?
I have three children playing in the club this year for the first time. They’re all really keen to train and play with their friends.
3. What does sponsoring their teams mean to you?
It’s great to be able to sponsor kids sport and encourage them to be healthy and active.
4. What do you love about Merewether?
It’s a great community, very family friendly and offers an amazing lifestyle.
5. Tell me a little bit about Quarry Mining. How long have they been part of the local community and supporting Novocastrians?
Quarry Mining has been a leading supplier in the design and manufacture of high-quality drilling equipment for nearly 40 years. We employee over 80 staff and our head offices are located in Beresfield with additional locations in Mackay, Sydney and Melbourne. We’ve been a long time supporter of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter and we also sponsor local sporting clubs, cycling and triathlon clubs and events, ‘Books In Homes’ initiative in local public schools and medical research fund raising.
6. Anything else you’d like to share with the Merewether United FC community?
We wish all members of the club a great season in 2021.